Let’s face it, brides tend to be the center of attention on the wedding day and there are certainly no shortage of guides and tips to help ease them through the entire process.
But what about the groom? No doubt he’s feeling the stress and nerves of one of the biggest days of his life. Fortunately we’ve pulled together a few suggestions to help make this memorable day a positive memory. (Interestingly, the bulk of this list comes from an article by Erica at brides.com but here goes:
There is only one irrefutable rule:
- Have an open bar The guests at your wedding will remember very few details of the day but they will remember if you don’t have an open bar. And these days there are ways to have an open bar for every budget (self-serve beer on tap, pre-mixed self-serve drinks etc.)
- Pick the (up to) five most important guys in your life as groomsmen You know who is important – the others can be ushers.
- Who do you want at your wedding? It’s you and your bride’s day – invite who you want.
- Put some thought into your first dance Talk to your Fog City DJ for some great ideas but try to be original.
- The rehearsal is a great time to mingle Always more relaxed that the wedding itself, use the rehearsal to catch up with old friends.
- Let yourself have a good time There are always going to be glitches and gotchas that the two of you will laugh about later – might as well laugh about them now.
We’re ready! Let Fog City Entertainment help plan your special day!